Sunday, February 8, 2009

Out and about in the Grove

Met up with some friends at Greenstreet this morning for brunch. I love the breakfast dishes at this place. Im always good for the scrambled eggs w/ cheese, side of bacon (of course), homefries, and wheat toast. I love their raspberry iced tea too. THe homefries today were some kind of awesome. I got lots of little crispy grilled onion bits mixed in with the potatoes which made me wanna high five someone so I did. Miami Heat guard Chris Quinn showed up with his wife to eat. As I passed Le Petit Paris on my way home I saw Philadelphia '76ers coach Maurice Cheeks having lunch with his wife. I met Maurice at George's in the Grove one time so I said hi and was surprised that he remembered meeting me. Nice guy. Owns a flat at the Lofts at Mayfair I believe. Big fan of the Grove. The Heat played Philly last night in Philly so I guess they took a flight out after the game.

Lots of sportscars and a few custom choppers out on the streets today too. The sun has been peaking out but its cloudy overall. We've had a lot of these days lately where it looks like it might rain then doesnt. I kinda wish it would just to get it over with already. Gotta love the jeans and t-shirt weather though.

5 comments:

Tere said...

"...scrambled eggs w/ cheese, side of bacon (of course), homefries, and wheat toast."

I'm like Homer Simpson right now, drooling and grunting. Yum, my favorite (but I'm more prone to go with fried eggs, over medium)

Lindsey said...

i miss greenstreet hungover breakfast stops...and our trips to wendys for a number 6 and giant coke :)

Blind Mind said...

Tere - Im still kinda thinking about those homefries, they were that good.

Linds - you guys are due for a Miami visit...

Tere said...

Now I'm craving Greenstreet. On the list it goes.

Jobie said...

Very good writing Blind Mind as I started to salavate.