- While I appreciate the concern when friends feel bad when they drink around me, it gets a tad annoying. I'm undergoing this challenge for me, not you, so do whatever you want. If I didn't think I could handle it I wouldn't go out in the first place.
- I've noticed I'm a little more short with people. I'm not sure if that's the absence of alcohol or just me or maybe both. I think when I have a drink I'm a little more relaxed and subdued and little annoying things that people say or do are easier to ignore.
- I had a great night out with friends in West Palm Beach, doing dinner and then catching some live music at a bar. Live music definitely helps one forget about not drinking alcohol and this band was great.
- Lots of people are impressed that I've made it this far and I've really appreciated their support and positive comments.
- The #1 most annoying question that I've really had enough of hearing: "So, you're gonna get wasted the day you're able to drink again, right?" No, I'm not.
- Not drinking has been pretty depressing at times. Not because I miss the alcohol, or the buzz, or the flavor but because of the social impacts. Sitting at a bar drinking a bourbon is something that I really enjoy. Sitting at the bar drinking iced tea or club soda just isn't the same. I find I'm asking myself, "What the hell am I doing here? I could be doing this at home." I feel like I don't belong there and then I go home. Maybe all that sounds silly to people and I can understand that I guess. It probably is silly. At the same time, it's a hobby, a pastime, an interest that I'm denying myself of for really no reason at all besides mere curiosity. That sucks.
Kentucky Derby Party at Bourbon Steak 5.6.17
8 hours ago