Monday, August 15, 2011

Lobstah Fest 2011

Each July, I venture back home to Massachusetts to meet up with my family at a beach house on Long Beach in Rockport, MA for our annual Beach Blast.  It's my absolute favorite time of the year.  Great times with family and friends, days at the beach playing in the surf and sipping cold beer, and plenty of New England seafood to go around.  This year, I invited my great friends David, Paula, and Jackie along for the ride.  Not only did they have a great time but their presence upped the fun quotient considerably.  Here is a photo recap of our adventure:

Low tide at Long Beach, Rockport, MA

Some serious bocce went down...
On our first day with the gang all together, I took everyone on an excursion to Bear Skin Neck, an old historic area of Rockport with tons of shops and little spots to grab some grub.  It's a tourist must do.  Hell, it's a must do for me each visit!

 






Along our walk up the neck, we made a stop at the Roy Moore Lobster Company.  This place pumps out a boatload of lobstahs every day and has been providing the lobstahs for our Beach Blast for the past 6+ years.  So, I thought it fitting that we stop in and preview the catch and maybe sample a lobstah roll...or two.




The lobstah roll in all its glory (though personally I'd go without the lettuce)
After a stroll around "the neck" which included Jackie dropping a few quarters in the automatic piano/band thing at the penny candy store and David and I making sure to enjoy every last note, it was time to head off for our real lunch (we only shared 2 lobstah rolls).  The Lobster Pool has been a favorite of mine since I was a wee lad.  They have some of the best fried clams around and the view is spectacular so we hopped in the car and off we went.



Waiting to order.  The early bird crowd just beat us...

Not much health here!  Fried clams, fried scallops, fried baby shrimp, smoked seafood, slaw, and some corn on the cob.
As if we hadn't had enough of eating for the day, we headed on down to the market to buy provisions in order to make breakfast for the crew staying at the beach house the following morning.  More on that later plus the Beach Blast Lobstah Fest!

1 comment:

djkmia said...

Thinking about a lobstah roll wishing I had 2 or 3