Friday, November 11, 2011

Common Threads World Festival is next Tuesday!

I've been in a rut lately with the blog but I had to break my lazy streak to tell you about a pretty kickass event that is going on next Tuesday, November 15th.  It's the Common Threads World Festival!

As a resident of Coconut Grove, I'm happy to have this event taking place in my neighborhood at the Cruz Building on Commodore Plaza.  Common Threads teaches kids about nutrition, wellness, and diversity through a series of after-school programs.  It's a charity I have supported many times over the last couple of years.  All the events for Common Threads have been spectacular and the World Festival could kick the bar up another notch.  Local celebrity chef, Michelle Bernstein, is part of the host committee and she will be joined by the likes of other top Miami chefs and glitterati like Ryan Roman of Miami Restaurant Power Rankings, to showcase some of Miami's finest cuisine.  Bar Lab will be doing cocktails and Lee Schrager, founder of the South Beach Wine and Food Festival, will be making a cameo as well.

I encourage you to participate in this event.  It's a great charity and with the lineup of chefs who have committed to the event, I'm sure your belly will be very thankful you chose to get your donation on!

Click on the picture for more details:

No comments: